the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Trudy Merryweather

As long as you're there to take me away
I will never hide you from the light of day
You are my shining cinnabar
So cinnamon sweet, and setting me free
And in an airy display
You show the sunlight on my face
And this is beautiful.
And this is memorable.

We sing our songs
I, tenor
You, bass
...You always new my favorites
And you could always name it

Wear your scars
Let the world know who you are
And I'll paint them to let you know
I'll never let go of you
I'll never let go of this
Pristine and pure
Oh yes, I'm sure
This is something I'll never regret

When I stayed out, you did the same
And you kept quiet when you strained
And I loved you for it.
You were my Mercury
And you were there for me,
The whole two hundred thousand miles.

2 comments:

haley_ewww said...

i really love that this is about your car... also i love the new layout!

Chris W. said...

hahaha i was wondering who would notice that!

thanks for all the kind words :]