the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Vehemence of Love

If I had a jazz band,
That'd be our best song
Smooth keys and fresh beats
With a brass part so strong.
We'd sit in the bars and smoke our cigars,
Then practice again and sleep in our cars.

And if that didn't work I'd go into fights
Not the back alley brawls,
But the ones with the lights...
Thousands of them!
With cameras galore,
I'd throw a hard punch
And make them scream,
"More!"

But I must be fair
Back on my first day
And you've gotten some blows on me anyways...
But this is my ring
And my lion's den
So if you give me one second, I'll give your career ten!

The bob and the weave
And all that you've got,
You practice your moves
To give me your best shot,

So hit me.

1 comment:

benafito said...

hmmm...that title seems familiar. i dunno. like i've heard and maybe seen it somewhere. dunno, dude.
What a neat poem, though.