the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

RE: r #006

I justify my life with the words I hide behind.
I want to remember, I need to forget,
I don't have a choice.
I once was a boy with an itching within,
Now I'm a man with ill-fitting skin
Scratching like the record that plays
The same old story with the same faded glory
Turned to scar tissue to blow my nose.
I intend to wipe it all away
With some combination of
32 characters, 26 letters, 10 numbers
And whatever is left inside me
After the sun loses interest in flight,
The ocean sinks into the night,
After the tears and the kisses,
The "good bye" or "good riddance"
That sticks like a post-it keeping tabs
On bank accounts and hospital bills.
I am getting sick of the conversions,
So you can count on me to
Take the money and run,
Leap over the heap of nothing gained,
But lung sacs filled with breathing deep
To let out hot air when lying on ice.

I don't want your daughter,
I just want her time.
I know I need water,
Just need the right kind.

No comments: