the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Something Sleep Can't Escape

I wasn't in for winners,
I was out for justice.
Just this is too much
And I clutch my heart
Kicking to escape,
Sticking on the points of my ribs.
This feeling is a wound to forever stay open,
Contact is a contract I've consciously broken.

The current state of affairs
Is that no one is there.
All I know is the familiar
Stale air of my cage.
With the occasional prison break
To piss, shit, and beat
And beat
And beat
And beat
And nose-bleeds become a daily routine.

I can't pluck a note on these vocal cords
They have bored and forgotten how.
It's just the sound of breathing
Every now and then.
And I remember when way too well.
It creates the hell encased in bone
In a separate hell I call my home.

When loves learned to hate and I faded away,
Silence came over with a word to say
And moved himself in with intentions to stay.
He pushed me down into a hole too deep,
He called it reality and it was mine to keep.

No comments: