the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hands On A Numberless Face

These are my fingers
Pulling up on the ledge,
This is the light that pours
Around the edges.
The sky has no direction,
But I follow it with my eyes
And it tickles my retinas
With the azure as sure as
The darkness of night.

That's what I'll remember
When plastic sheets
Match my couches
And others in my house.
But the dark of that night
Is as dark as my eyes
Looking forward.
But look inside
And you'll see silhouettes.
There is nothing I hide.
This past is mine,
For I passed the time.

And I'll carry to the grave
All these pages that I've saved
That say the most meaningful things
Wrapped in plain linen sheets:
Good moms make you eat,
Good sons go to sleep,
Good friends you must keep,
Good seekers must leap.

No comments: