the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Relax

A skin deep fever tickles the senses,
"It's the house with the white gate and green fence."
See friends that make you feel alive again.
Liquid diamonds
Shade of blue,
A single pearl that shines for you
Unstrung,
Unsung,
The words before the rhythm
The softest point of living,
The impressionable mention
Of the tension yet to pass
Strung up in wood framing
Under a widow made of glass.

This is a reflection of the things unknown,
The pseudosecrets we let breathe,
But never let known.
One light at different angles,
One life of silken tangles,
Static in our conscience that sparks,
Never shown.

And this is far from over,
We're only getting older.
I know I've been bold,
But I'll have to be bolder
Because on mirrored seas
This sheep has no herder
And when the sun sets,
It only gets colder.

So I'll take their hands,
They'll set me free
And let me be away for once,
Let me see from my own eyes
And drop the pen hen brooding
On how we will die.

No comments: