the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reverse Thrust Boosters

Airplanes and birds
Spread their wings through the sky,
But this airport is far from a bird's nest.
Its best twigs have thorns
And its fledglings have horns
That will poke a hole in any self-control
You thought you ever had.

They're filled with so much water,
They might as well explode,
So the young alarm makes sure
That everyone knows.
I regret to inform you
That this is my home.
The nest has a stench
That has me grabbing at walls,
Trying to create a distance
With the least amount of resistance.

But we all know
That the innocent are bombed
So I run down this terminal
As missiles whistle me on.
So now I sit on the floor
Holding to my chest
Everything that I hate,
And I yell at the wall
For an echo... delayed.
Delayed.
Delayed.
Delayed.
Delayed.
Delayed.
Delayed.
You feel that?
Your anger?
Your sadness?
Your hate?
Yeah, sulk all you want.
Delayed.
Delayed.

No comments: