the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Muchness

Attention to detail
Disregard for retail
Yes, I have found,
Great deals without the bin,
Great pleasure without the sin.

I adjust my shower head
While washing in the harbor
And as the thunder claps louder
The rain falls down harder...
Hot,
Cold,
Hot,
Cold,
Emotions are emphasized,
Underlined and bold.
None of this was foretold
Like when I sold my hopes
To the government of reason.
But call me a traitor,
This is the kind of treason you can trust.
Hitting twenty, but never bust.
Grinning heavy, lost in so much.

So I sit in this salt bucket
Filled with cold drips
Licking my lips as I finish this quilt
Of euphoria and resentment,
But mostly of guilt.

I pulled the trigger that let my soul fly
That went through the walls between
Your body and mine,
And with smiling and crying
I set you alarmed,
Touch by the fact
That I've been disarmed.

No comments: