the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Catfish Pie

So here I show you
My utmost appreciation,
Not only through movement
But in abstract recitation
That will never do you
Any justice
For when I fell asleep
And awoke in a dream:
Morning sun,
Breathing you into my lungs.

So here's a lengthy one
For the one I love so much
Because if I am the stagger
Then you are always the crutch,
And if every word brings you further
Into a state of disbelief,
The you'll soon be raving mad,
Made with love
Addressed from me.

Kakaw! I never saw this coming,
Roles reversed, but nonetheless
In the dark, we start humming
To the strumming of familiar tunes
And reenact the dreams I had
In the scorching nights of June...
But the cast is new
And it's just me and you.

So here we lied
Looking at each other
Through blurry eyes,
And we held each other like a moment,
Holding tight,
Hoping it would never,
Ever,
Die.
And we made memories to dance
In a waltz, three-four time
With the songs that were baked
Into this fresh catfish pie.

No comments: