the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Friday, March 20, 2009

This Tall Blue Bridge

It was a few years back,
Dressing nice in suit and tie
Celebrating a joyous moment
That I was never a part of,
But rather apart from.
There was moonlight in my glass
And champagne on the ice.

William told me to love,
So I closed my eyes and fired.
But the stray bullets got tired
And skidded to a halt
To sink and to sink...
Towards the deep floors
Scarred with faults,
And it calls to me.
And it falls for me.

So I sat at the stern
And I contemplated lessons learned.
All the while,
White tipped waves made V's in the night
As the skyline blurred in the absence of light

But now,
Oh now,
You startle the mind
With your arms still reaching high over the sea,
Holding heaven from this hell called the ocean's deep.

No comments: