the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sedimentary Elements of Elementary Sediments

The clouds in my eyes
Have reached forecasted highs
And these thunderclap fables
Are times tables well-known,
And electrical spines
Follow tracelines pre-shown,
And these storms remain as easy to spot
As predicting rain after the first dozen drops.

So I stop rewound clocks
To taste old words on my lips
From a serum of cycles
Of which I took slow sips.
And now I loosen my neural grip
On bow-set dreams on phantom ships,
Because this is far from a love story
And the wait is getting painfully boring...

Now I look up to the sky
And sigh as stars show there faces.
In their evening's good graces,
Our earth's celestial dividend,
I pull out a pen to connect dotted lights.
I restring the laces of deep outer space
Counting degrees within corners I made,
And I let out a sigh once more
As I connect one last dot on the far eastern shore.
And everything comes around
And everything comes together
When the cleared weather shows the glow of my angels
In synaptic loops at three-hundred-sixty angles.