the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Contact

Tomorrow is now today
And for you I must make this one exception:
For you the sun will rise a little earlier.
Stripping my Sunday's best off of my back,
Doomed for the day work nonetheless,
But all in all, for you
Yes, my dear,
For you.

We were runaways, vagabonds,
Looking for sanctuary...
Head West!
It was the gold rush
And you were my precious metal
Ever so precious,
Panned and polished,
Put in my eyes as
Perfection.

So Cal,
So could!
So far,
So good...

It started as a light in my pocket
Keeping my hands warm
But my thoughts even warmer.
And the flashing lights of camera bulbs
Burn spots into my eyes,
Branding lights into the ground,
Branding lights into the sky.
So now the stars dance with sirens
Dance with my retinas
Dance with the thought
Dances with you.
The warmth of your touch...
Yes, keep in touch.

No comments: