the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Say!

Claude, start it off...
Soft keys stroke a chord
Soft light fills the room
Shining on the soft pillow
Soft words spoke the willow
Weeping for her dear son
Not dead in war
But dead in heart
Signing away his soul
To go somewhere far
No matter where, it isn't home
And so she weeps,
As her son awakes from sleep.

A day early in my Sunday's best
But I make it for the curtain's rest
Deja vu, table for two!

I'm your modern day Gatsby
Living the dream
Living in the dream
Living the dream in the dream
Do you know what I mean?

Spill your heart out on a plate
And serve it up with delight
While the living dead wander
In the fog of the night.
They're coming for me, dear!
They'll be here real soon
And I'll be living (in) the dream
Falling asleep to Clair de Lune.
Why do you take me so soon?
Say!
...Good night.
Yes, it has been a good night.
Good bye, it's all over now.

No comments: