the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Terribly Sweet

I go in with the rain down my back
I go out with God's covers thrown back.
He lets out a cool sigh,
Blowing the clouds right on by...
There's snow on the mountain tops, you see
And I've got this moment to spend
With only me,
But I don't mind.
This is a special, yet subtle
Lapse in time.

Even if the cold bites at my fingers
I'll do anything to make this moment linger
Its innocuous stinger has me in silenced amazement
This magnetized majesty
Is holding me back from the rest of my day
(Of no greater importance if I may say...)

Just keep the fires away
This is all I need
Letting her aura plant her seeds.
So bloom in my heart
Take me away
As we make this progression
To skylines from day

This is nature's kiss on the cheek.
This is taking my rights to speak.
This is what live for.
This is what I would die for.
This is dusk.

But now that my hands lose their touch
I fear that I have said too much.
So I'll let the glacier sky
Speak softly for me,
Yes,
Things like these are terribly sweet...

No comments: