the stars, the sea, and sleep.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Silverstein Physics

A blind dog has to learn more than tricks,
Looking at reflections of
Open doors through closed windows,
And digging for unthrown bones
Buried in fate's backyard,
Only to find skeletons.
Even if he could, he wouldn't see too far.
There are moves with no movements
There are signs with no meaning
There are counters with no point
To cut through any feeling, adjoining
Two different beings with nothing at all.
I stand here too close with support like a wall,
And the whispers in your inner ear
Keep your life balanced and make me disappear.
I'm so conscious, almost nauseous
As the gravity comes in fast,
Bombing through the sky behind impressionable glass.
The city lights streak, while I dream upside down
So it looks like a while until I'll ever hit the ground.

No comments: